All electric and water meters are read monthly and billed a few days later. We make every effort to see that you receive your bill at about the same time each month. However, your billing period may vary from 28 to 35 days depending on the weather and other factors.
Budget Billing allows customers to pay the same amount for their OMU bill every month during the budget period, resulting in manageable bills regardless of the season and usage.
- Budget period runs from October to September, and a new monthly budget payment amount is provided each October to customers.
- Budget recalculation amount is based on the previous 12 months of bills as well as any balance or credit owing from the previous budget.
- OMU does not have a “settle-up” or “true-up” month, instead the balance or credit is rolled into the new budget amount.
If during the year the customer’s bills vary considerably from the projected amount, the monthly budget payment may also be manually increased or decreased.
Level Billing allows customers to pay roughly the same amount for their OMU bill every month, resulting in manageable bills regardless of the season and usage.
- Monthly level amount is based on an average of 12 months of bills plus any balance or credit from the previous level bills.
- Bills will vary every month, but usually only slightly.
- Level Billing also does not have a “settle-up” or “true-up” month, instead the balance or credit is rolled into the new level amount.
Bill Statements with Budget or Level Billing
Customers that sign-up for Budget or Level Billing essentially have two account balances with OMU. Their Budget/Level balance and their actual account balance. The actual balance is used during budget/level recalculation and is the responsibility of the customer if they are removed from either billing or request disconnection of services.
Customers on Budget or Level also have additional information on the monthly billing statement at the bottom of the Billing Details window.
- Total Current Charges: The actual charges of this months bill.
- Budget/Level Billing Balance (Before Payment): The actual balance on the account if it was not on budget/level. Negative numbers reflect a credit while positive numbers reflect a balance owed. Balance is used during budget/level recalculation.
- Current Budget/Level Amount: The budget/level bill amount owed for this month.
- Total Budget/Level Amount: The total budget/level amount owed on the account, current and past due.
|Total Current Charges||$198.26|
|Budget/Level Billing Balance (Before Payment)||$-18.89|
|Current Budget/Level Amount||$200.00|
|Total Budget/Level Amount||$200.00|
To find out more information about Budget Billing or Level Billing and to determine eligibility please contact us.