For real-time information regarding power restoration efforts, visit our System Status Map. To report a water, power, or telecommunications outage, please call us at 270-926-3200. In addition, you can report a power outage by using our free texting service outlined below.
Owensboro Municipal Utilities provides alerts and updates via text messages about system status, employment opportunities and breaking news. Customers can register for one or both of the following options to stay up-to-date about restoration efforts.
Location-specific power updates
OMU offers an enhanced electric service management system that enables customers to report outages via text and receive updates via their mobile phones.
To enroll, update the mobile number associated with your home or business account so that you can receive and report information specific to your home or business.
Text Message Tips
- Upon receiving the notification text, please save the number in your contacts as OMU. Having this number available and identified will help you easily text when an outage occurs. The number will be 844-926-4669.
- You can submit multiple numbers for your home or business, as you may wish for others at your location to receive notification.
- Please note that it may take up to two business days after submission for your number to be updated in our system.
- For additional outage and restoration information, visit our interactive map at outage.omu.org.
Text Message Commands
The OMU text message system will respond to the following keywords:
- Signup – Opt into the texting service
- Quit – Opt out of the texting service
- Out – Report an outage at your location
- Status – Check if the system is aware of an outage at your location
- Help – Access the Help menu
OMU news, jobs, and general restoration updates
For general community outage updates, timely news and information, and job postings, enter your number and select your preferences.
Text Notification Preferences
To update your preferences return to this page and enter your phone number. Unsubscribe by unchecking all topics.
Message and data rates may apply. Your mobile service provider may charge you to receive alerts in accordance with your calling plan.