UPDATE: The boil water advisory for the area included in the area affected by yesterday’s maintenance has been lifted as of Friday April 29 at 11:05 a.m.
On April 28, OMU crews and contractors will be making water system improvements in the area stretching from East 4th Street south to E 15th Street between Breckenridge Street and Leitchfield Road.
While OMU crews, in partnership with Ernie Davis and Sons Mechanical, replace seven valves in the area and make other repairs, approximately 300 customers will be without water for approximately 10 to 12 hours, starting at 7 a.m. Customers that will be affected by this have been notified with door hangers.
OMU plans to replace seven valves in total: two 16-inch valves and five six-inch valves. These new valves will increase reliability and aid in the isolation of meters in the event of a main break or necessary maintenance.
Once all work is completed, a Boil Water Advisory will be in effect until lifted, following all sampling and testing protocols. This process is normally less than 72 hours. If you have questions, please call 270-926-3200 ext. 4272.
The map and list below provide an overview of the area affected.
- 400-800 block of Breckenridge Street
- 1100 block of E 4th Street
- 400-700 block of Leitchfield Road
- 1100 block of E 5th Street
- 1100 – 1200 Block of E 6th Street
- 1100-1200 block of E 7th Street
- 1100 – 1200 block of E 8th Street
- 900-1300 block E 9th Street
- 1200 block of E 11th Street
- 1200 – 1500 Block of E Parrish Avenue
- 500-1300 block of Hall Street
- 600-1500 block of Hall Street
- 1100 block of Oglesby Street