The Governor of Kentucky recently approved a Healthy at Home Eviction and Utility Relief Fund to assist Kentuckians in need with rent and utility assistance. While this process is still being updated, there are some important points that may help you through the application and assistance process. As a reminder: To complete an application for these funds, visit https://teamkyhherf.ky.gov/
- This is not an OMU administered program and the application for these funds is through the designated state or local agency and not OMU.
- Tenants and customers who qualify can apply for rent and utility assistance online (teamkyhherf.ky.gov) to cover their past-due and future bills. If approved, lump sum, direct payments will be made to landlords and utility providers including:
- A maximum utility relief: 100% of past-due utilities since April 1, 2020, and three months of future utilities. Assistance can cover gas, electric, water, sewer and/or wastewater bills.
- Upon completion of an application, the customer will receive a notice that their application has been received. This notice does not guarantee the receipt of assistance funds. Therefore, that application notification sent to the customer cannot be accepted as payment or promise of payment.
- Upon formal notification of approval of assistance funds from the Healthy at Home Eviction Relief Fund administrators, these will then be applied to your account when the funds are received by OMU.
- Currently submitted applications are being reviewed by Healthy at Home Eviction representatives. As part of this process, they are also determining the best way to distribute these funds.
- As these funds are limited and will be on a first-come, first-served basis, we encourage those seeking assistance to apply as soon as possible.
For more information about your OMU account and billing, call (270) 926-3200. To apply for the Healthy at Home Eviction Relief Fund, visit https://teamkyhherf.ky.gov/