OMU will launch an enhanced electric service management system on Tuesday, December 5 that will enable customers to report outages via text and receive updates via their mobile phone.
Customers with a valid mobile number connected to their account will receive a text outlining this new service.
For those who have not updated their phone number, please call OMU at 270-926-3200 or update your phone number via an online form. This step is required to ensure you are able to receive and report information specific to your home or business.
Text Notification Tips
- Upon receiving the notification text, please save the number in your contacts as OMU. Having this number available and identified will help you easily text when an outage occurs. The number will be 844-926-4669.
- You can submit multiple numbers for your home or business, as you may wish for others at your location to receive notification.
- Please note that it may take up to two business days after submission for your number to be updated in our system.
- For additional outage and restoration information, visit our interactive map at outage.omu.org.
Text Message Commands
The OMU text message system will respond to the following keywords:
- Signup – Opt in to texting service
- Quit – Opt out to texting service
- Out – Report an outage at your location
- Status – Check if the system is aware of an outage at your location
- Help – Help menu